Monday, April 20, 2015

Unplanned for Setbacks

Over the past couple of weeks, I have been working on finding a potential location, trying to figure out the amount of employees, and the cost for it all. I ran into a few setbacks along the way. For example, I didn't know how to figure out the amount of employees that I need, so I began writing a list of every task that needs to be done in order to find out what the minimum number of employees I can hire to complete those tasks. Also I was very confused on figuring out the cost of paying the employees, but Mr. Orre suggested that I look up employees in other companies that are doing similar jobs in order to get an idea of the cost. For the next couple weeks, I plan to have a completed list of all of the employees I will need, have comparison salaries for all of the employees, decide whether to buy or lease, and decide the business structure. 

2 comments:

  1. Amir setting up a business seems like a very daunting task but hang on! I believe your persistence and willingness to set up a perfect business will pay off at the end. Since I don't really have expertise on setting up a business, I would recommend you setting up an appointment with any of the Econ/Gov teachers to give you a broader aspect of how the economy and setting up a business works. Interestingly, I have a textbook that talks about Macro and Micro economics and the steps of how to execute a Business. You can borrow it if your interested. If you have any family members who are involved in Business ask them for help or set up an appointment!. Overall, I believe your heading towards the right direction! and keep up the good work!,
    Shayan Moraveji

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress on your project! I agree that setbacks are definitely a major obstacle that every project has faced. Maybe you can reach out to a couple business and ask them if you can check out their business plan or ask them for some advice?
    Can't wait to see the final business plan!

    ReplyDelete